Monday 19 August 2013

Dino Hoodie

Easiest project ever! 

 

I saw this here and had to make one. Plus I have the cutest nephew who I knew would love it :)

I found a hoodie for $7 at Walmart while in the US and have a stash of upcycled felted sweaters. 
45 mins later -- voila!

 
Isn't he adorable?


 This is the piece of felted sweater I started out with. Just a wool sweater that has been washed a couple of times in hot water and then dried on the hottest setting in the dryer.
Then I cut it apart into usable pieces to create with.


 I cut a triangle the size I wanted out of paper to use as a pattern piece. I then pinned it to a folded edge of the felt. 
Below you can see the triangles opened up after I cut them.

Next I folded the hoodie in half so I could mark the middle back. I used pins and ran a line of them down the center back. 


I spaced my opened triangles down the center back and along the center line of the hood top and pinned them.


Now I sewed down the middle of each triangle through the hoodie. Next I matched the points of each triangle and pinned it (pin not shown) and sewed them. It's that easy!



 And here's the finished product!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
BC Craft Fairs © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner