I was able to make it to 2 shows today Buckingham Elementary and Poirier Community Center.

Buckingham Elementary
This was a cute community craft fair held in the school gym. Street signs were great, parking and admission was free. Worth stopping by if you are in the area. I had a very nice conversation with a lady who makes sock monkies (my newest obsession) and stained glass -- unfortunately I didn't catch her name but her sock monkies are the best dressed monkies around!

Poirier Community Center
This is a must-go-to for anyone who enjoys craft fairs! The street signs were not the best but parking is plentiful and free and admission is just $2. This fair goes on for ages and just when you think you've seen it all you'll discover another room full of more treats. I enjoyed meeting and speaking to so many artists -- here are some of them:

Ingrid Davitt
Ingrid does first nations glass etchings on glass pieces. Although she doesn't have a website, her items can been see on display at the Blackberry Gallery in Port Moody or you can e-mail her at: davitt@telus.net. Her work is absolutely  beautiful!

This was a very busy booth and unfortunately  I did not get a chance to speak to Nadia who was busy making sales. Her etsy site has some adorable bags and wristlet straps for sale or swing by one of the craft fairs she is at to pick one up. Here are a few pics of her work:


I had so much fun talking to Corene and she let me snap a couple pictures of her adorable button creations. Several customers said that they buy a broach from her every year and you can surely see why.
Kristi is a photographer and has taken her work a step farther by creating jewelry from her images. Her breathtaking photos are adhered to glass and created into a pendant. Visit her website to see her work -- I don't know how anyone could choose just one!


Vintage Love by Adrianne Kulling
Fun "funky objects with a nostalgic flair" Adrianne makes lightswitch plates and magnets with nostalgic images on them. I was very impressed with the quality of these plates (made from stainless steel and many layers of varnish) and they were packaged very professionally. I am trying to decide who I should give one to! Oh and there is a whole line of pride items as well! http://www.vintagelove.ca/
The last artist I will mention is
I had so much fun talking to her and I absolutely love her work. She is a mixed media artist with printed and painted items on ceramic. I loved her pendants and was captivated by her ceramic buttons. You can contact her through her log at http://roxannegagnon-wearableart.blogspot.com/



Well thats it until tomorrow -- happy crafting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
BC Craft Fairs © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner